My Quiet Space

Saturday, October 22, 2005

I've been on an extreme high ever since finding my father earlier this week. His praise of my photography and how beautiful he finds all of his granddaughters to be makes me very proud.

It's sad that I can't just enjoy being happy without worrying about when the bottom is going to fall out and I'll become depressed about something real or imagined.
It seems that my highs and lows are polar opposites. The higher I get, the harder I fall.

I've mentioned to him that mom was an alcoholic for quite some time. I didn't tell him about the ass that was my step-father. He seems to have a lot of guilt. I'd hate for him to blame himself for anything that happened to me in his absence.

Wow, I'm going to end this now. i've had to backspace over approx 30 lines of text that got WAY off topic due to imbibing a bit of red wine.

BTW.. does anybody know what my dad is signing in that pic???

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

hmmmm...I've been doing some research on that gesture. He's cute, your dad!! I don't know what that sign means, but you might want to check here:

http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Hand_gesture

Don't let the fear of the crash scare you in the moment of elation! OH, and I agree your daughters and you photographs are superlative.

10/22/2005 05:30:00 PM  
Blogger Shekky said...

Cathy, enjoy the ride. Do not let fear of falling keep you from trying or you'll never make it as high as you could go. I'm happy for you. We already know how talented you are and how beautiful your daughters are. How could he disagree?!

10/22/2005 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

The sign/gesture looks like the number 8 to me. It probably means something personal though. I can ask my FIL next time I see him as he was in Nam too.

10/24/2005 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Tess said...

I'm so glad things are going well with your father!

Tess

10/26/2005 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Big_Daddy said...

Don't fear a crash. There doesn't have to be one!

As for the hand gesture, I hate to mention it but could it be "the shocker". I forget what school but I think a certain HS or college mascot uses that gesture. ???

10/27/2005 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger Big_Daddy said...

Did he go to the University of Houston (or was he a fan)? That hand gesture is known as a cougar paw there. Also, according to Wikipedia, the University of Arizona uses that gesture.

10/27/2005 03:30:00 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Good for you, Cathy. I let the fear of the unkown keep me paralyzed from starting my own search for my father. Who knows, maybe you've planted a seed in me to start my own journey. Please keep us updated.

I wish you nothing but love & blessings on your journey!

11/04/2005 08:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!