My Quiet Space

Tuesday, January 24, 2006




We got some rain since my last post about Texas Fires YAY!!!!

The pictures were taken from different spots in the yard, but you can see little puddles forming in the lake bed in the second picture. Hopefully this will bring some relief from the fires.

I heard on the news that people have been being fined big $$$ for taking it upon themselves to lift the burn ban since there was 2" of rain in some areas. 2" will NOT give us the relief we need after getting 18" below average rainfall.

Oh yeah.. my trees and grass are SOOOO confused! I have trees budding, and patches of beautiful green grass. I know when winter really hits in February, everything is going to get killed. :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

I'm glad ya'll finally got some rain. People are crazy (burning stuff) -- fire is a scary thing to me.

1/26/2006 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger Kellee said...

I've seen at least 2 people throw lit cigarette butts out of their car windows. My new policy is to start taking down plate #'s & calling the cops.

Our trees are trying to bud as well. Poor little things. I too just know winter is going to hit at any minute and then they'll all die again. Sad...

1/27/2006 07:01:00 AM  
Blogger Counting_Blessings said...

a week since your last post??? where are ya :)

2/02/2006 07:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!